Sarapan pagi nih saya hidangkan english muffin ala2 kat mc donald tu....kat sini saya ada sharekan resepi dari allrecipe - tanpa telur dan dari Laura vitale kitchen dengan telur....
Adunan muffin ni agak lembik tapi gitu le gayanya....jgn tambah tepung nanti keras pulak muffin tu....guna tepung xtra untuk tabur kat doh supaya tak lekat ditangan jer....
Hidangan boleh dipelbagaikan...nak mkn ngan telur boleh....dengan mentega boleh.....dengan jem pun boleh.....
Resepi ni nanti bebila saya terjemahkan yer...
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1/4 cup melted shortening
6 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in the sugar, stirring until dissolved. Let cool until lukewarm.
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the milk, yeast mixture, shortening and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add salt and rest of flour, or enough to make a soft dough. Knead. Place in greased bowl, cover, and let rise. Punch down.
Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut rounds with biscuit cutter, drinking glass, or empty tuna can. Sprinkle waxed paper with cornmeal and set the rounds on this to rise. Dust tops of muffins with cornmeal also.
Cover and let rise 1/2 hour.Heat greased griddle. Cook muffins on griddle about 10 minutes on each side on medium heat. Keep baked muffins in a warm oven until all have been cooked. Allow to cool and place in plastic bags for storage. To use, split and toast. Great with orange butter, or cream cheese and jam.
Laura vitale kitchen
2 cups of Whole Milk, scalded
5 cups of Bread Flour
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, melted
2 Tbsp of Vegetable Shortening, melted
2 ½ Tbsp of sugar
1 ½ tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Baking Soda
1 Envelope of Active Dry Yeast, (2 ¼ tsp) plus 1 tsp of sugar
1) Sprinkle the yeast and 1 tsp of sugar over the milk and allow it to sit and foam for a few minutes. Add the shortening, butter and egg to the yeast mixture and whisk together to combine.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and milk mixture.
3) Mix the dough on low until the flour is incorporated, turn the speed up to medium and knead for 3 to 4 minutes or until the dough is smooth but still sticky.
4) Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, place it in a warm place and allow it to rise for about 2 hours.
5) Dump the dough on a floured surface, knead it together and cut it into 16 equal pieces (if you like smaller English muffins, cut them into 22 equal pieces). Roll each piece into a ball, press them down with your hand to form a patty and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet that has been sprinkled with cornmeal. Sprinkle the top of your patties with a little more cornmeal, cover them with a kitchen towel and let them rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
6) Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
7) Preheat a griddle pan to medium, gently lift each round with a spatula, place it on the hot griddle and let them cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides (do them in batches) . Place them back on the baking sheet and place them in the oven for 10 minutes.
Allow them to cool a bit before serving