Resepi saya cnp dari Allrecipes.co.uk. Sedap tapi agak kering sikit. Dan sebab malas nak bakar dua kali, saya leburkan terus dalam satu loyang. Adunannya agak pekat sikit dan kurang lembab jadi lain kali buat saya nak tambah 1/4 cawan susu. Kali ni saya tak letak toping sebab anak2 ni akan makan toping jer.
This is a gorgeous cake, made up of one white sponge layer and one chocolate sponge layer. Both layers are studded with chocolate chips! Very easy! The chocolate icing is this cakes crowning glory.
175g butter or margarine
175g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
150g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 handfuls chocolate chips
25g cocoa powder
(next time saya nak tambah susu 1/4 cawan supaya moist sikit)
230g soft butter
450g icing sugar cocoa powder to taste plain chocolate for grating over the top (optional)
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4 and grease two 20cm square cake tins with butter. Lightly coat the inside with a bit of flour to prevent the cake sticking.
2. Beat together the butter and the caster sugar until it is fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and flour together to prevent the mix curdling and also add the baking powder. Mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Spread half of the mixture into one of the tins, and add the cocoa powder to the remaining mixture and stir well.
5. Place the chocolate cake mixture into the other tin and put both in the preheated oven. Bake for about 30 minutes, checking to see if a skewer inserted into the centre of each cake comes out clean.
6. Meanwhile, beat the ingriedients for the icing together to form an icing which is quite stiff but will spread onto the cake easily.
7. When the cakes are cooked, let them rest for a while and loosen them onto a cooling rack and cool until they are completely cold, otherwise it'll melt the icing.
8. When cool, spread some icing on top of the cake which you want on the ottom and put the other on top. Spread the icing round the sides first to avoid getting into a complete mess, then do the top.
9. If you want to make it a bit more wicked then curl or grate some chocolate over the top using a vegetable peeler. Enjoy!